Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ebony and Ivory

This week's challenge is "Ebony and Ivory" or Black and White. A lot of folks have been playing with a lot of color lately so it's nice to see a lot of black and white. We were challenged to try to balance out the blacks and whites. I'm pleased with my result:

I used Camelia, Daggerly, Demi, Eye-Wa, Antidots and Henna Drum
As always, it's fun to play with patterns that I haven't used much. I also enjoyed playing with my own pattern, Henna Drum, creating both black and white flowers.

Time to get back to our Open Studio Weekend at the Mountain Painters and Artisans Gallery during this cold/rainy/snowy Memorial Day Weekend. Come on in or stop on by our facebook page!

Coming this summer....a weekend full of Zentangle fun at Fletcher Farm School in Ludlow, VT.

11 comments:

  1. Love it Janee, your fabulous Daggerly and Camelia, perfect. I luv these tangles I just can't quite get the hang of them. You've done a beeeaaautius job. Happy Memorial Day to youuuu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danni! Camelia is a thinker for sure.

      Delete
  2. great choice of tangles! I'm inspired to try another now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very well with this black and white! I like the way the tangles are set around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That was my wild string I laid down. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful tile. Your daggardly seems to be spinning. Nice contrast of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shading really helped with the spinning of daggerly.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous choice of tangles! Love every one of them, but I'm overly fond of Henna Drum and your ebony and ivory rendition is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of fond of the Henna Drum myself too. Thanks for your kind words. Your entry is very clever and amazing!

      Delete