Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mi2 Tree

This week's Diva challenge was to explore the tangle Mi2 by Mimi Lempart, CZT. Ha! I get it now, her name is MiMi...Mi2! Okay, I might be a little slow on the uptake, but I finally got it. Phew. Cute, Mimi. I like this tangle, it seems to have a mind of its own. I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with it so I let it just show me. So, here is my knotty Mi2 Tree.

I've been busy this week with some Bleedthrumanade tangling. It's for a swap I'm doing in the Yahoo Zentangle Inspired Art group. Bleed - thru- manade = making best of paper that has bled through to the other side when you put color down (akin to making lemonade from lemons that are dealt to you). I was given 3 ATC size cards with color spots and I was to tangle within those spots. Do you want to see what I created? Well, here they are:

Lots of little spaces of color. 

A little bit easier. I like this one.

I like this too. After tangling these I realized that I really could've gone beyond the "strings", or color. 
Here's the original instructions for Bleedthrumanade: http://lifeimitatesdoodles.blogspot.com/p/what-is-bleedthrumanade.html 

This is what the other side looks like. We are to leave them untangled so the new recipient can tangle away.


So phew! What a tangly week for me. It was fun though, and I can't wait to see what I get in return.

I also want to thank those who voted for me or attempted to vote for me. I know that it was very hard to get through the process and one had to sign up for Google +.  Ah well, I didn't do too badly considering.






4 comments:

  1. mi2 tree looks like a medallion ;) i like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Mi2 tree! What a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how cool and beautiful tree it does make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree is too cool!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete