Saturday, June 25, 2011

ZIA fun

Last night my son and I went to Stratton Mtn to go see Deepak Chopra speak. Wonderful! We then listened to Andrew Bird, Chicago-based multi-instrumentalist, lyricist and whistler. Very talented guy! Wow,it was a great evening.

Today I took a class at Fletcher Farm School of painting silk scarves with Nancy Dorian. More fun! Of course I decided to make a zentangle scarf, which took me all day. Here's what it looked like once I got the resist on:






And here are some close-ups:


















Now I needed to figure out what to do next. Should I put a black wash over it (the resist washes out and will leave white lines in it's place)? Or should I put some color into it; if that, then what colors? Note: by this time everyone else in the class was on to their second or third scarf.

So here's what I came up with:






The black would've been really tricky so color it was.






























What do you think? I'm pretty happy with it, although I am quite tired.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. I think it's gorgeous! It will look stunning with a simple black or white outfit, or the mainstay: the little black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... looks fantastic!! well worth the time and energy you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janee, this is gorgeous. Great job, and your colors are absolutely luscious! Puts a whole new look on your Zentangle Inspired Art. Looks like your having a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete