Saturday, September 15, 2012

Break Free, Challenge #86 plus more

I surprised myself today. Not only did I finally finish the autumn leaf that I started last Saturday at our New England CZT group get-together, but I also got to this week's Diva Challenge. This week we were to "break free", jump the fence, go beyond....  I wasn't sure  how to go about this, but I began with Squid and extended it a little. It wasn't much of a jump, but it's a start. Here's the result of the tile:
 And here's my leaf:
I like the leaf, and will do some more. It has a background of watercolor with added salt.

I had a very busy week. Last weekend I went to that NE CZT get-together over in New Hampshire on Saturday then taught a small class locally at the Blue Gentian Lodge. One of the women from the class taught at the Jr. High School in Bethany, CT where I went to school! I never had her as a teacher (I don't think), but she taught my friend Cindy. What a hoot! We had a wonderful time tangling and reminiscing.




Wednesday I taught a zentangle class at the Northshire Bookstore in Manchester, VT to 7 women and 1 young man. Another wonderful class. I do enjoy teaching. Luckily my friend Dana came along to help me out. It was great to have her there and she was able to take some pictures!





And of course, I also went to work this week at our local elementary school. It was a busy, but pretty quick week. Thursday I go off campus with a student and I was able to learn how to use the hydraulic machine that makes ceramic plates. Way cool.

Tomorrow I travel to Brattleboro to meet up with a friend, Barbara Gunion from CO.  We met at the CZT training in May 2011 and she happens to be visiting her parents for their anniversary. It will be wonderful to see her again! We will be meeting also with another VT CZT, Sadelle Wiltshire.

Here's to a quiet week......

10 comments:

  1. i love your leaf!!!! and background... with perfect colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It does look very autumn-like, doesn't it? Perhaps I'll try other color combos later.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! And, like Fifi, I love the leaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm happy with the result. Now I want to make more!

      Delete
  3. Your challenge tile is just beautiful. very graceful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both very lovely :) your watercolour background is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your leaf--now I am inspired to try one too! And your Breaking Out tangle is beautiful: well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janee, you've been a busy gal! Love both tiles especially the leaf, it's phenominal! Your teacher scarf is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dani! The scarf I made last year, but I'm trying to get some made to sell in our gallery (perhaps not so involved as this one). I think I need more time off!

      Delete