Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This week's challenge #10

I am so happy that Laura from Iamthediva creates these weekly challenges. It gets me thinking outside of my box. This week is "The space between." It took me a bit to learn to say no. No more tangling. Enough. Keep it simple. So the first attempt was to just use a simple pattern to ooze across the tile, leaving big gaps. I wasn't really thrilled. Okay. Leave it alone.


The next day I had to go to our school's annual budget meeting. It was a long night and I'm happy that I had my tiles and pens with me. My "annual meeting tile" was created trying not to overdo my tangles. There's not a lot of white space in there but there's a lot more than I would've left if the challenge wasn't in my head.


This is also the coming out party to my own tangle pattern: sundoo.



Today after work I created my final (I think) challenge #10 tile. Simple. Ta da.

11 comments:

  1. Very nicely done....I have really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You handled the 'space' very nicely. And your sundoo design is lovely. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Jane, Now here's a thought. You were tangling at the front of the meeting, and I was tangling at the back of the meeting. Did you notice the pace of this meeting was decidedly slower than normal? And, only one person yelled. And the budget not only passed but was amended up! So, how much of this can be because the crowd was in a tangle flow????

    And, your Sundoo is awesome. I'm currently fussing with a St.Bridig's cross design. We'll see how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first tangle, it's great! And your new pattern looks like fun. Thank you for sharing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The power of the tangle flow certainly is amazing. Dana, we'll have to experiment with that again.
    Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I just love this group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed this when you first posted it! Your zentangles are lovely, and Sundoo is gorgeous. Do you belong to Flickr? If so, please consider posting Sundoo at Freehand Doodle Patterns. http://www.flickr.com/groups/freehandpatterns/.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to Molossus-Sandra for sending me back to your blog, Jane!! I missed Sundoo too (just printing a copy so I can show the girls at Tuesday Tanglers this week... they'll love it too!). And that last 'space between' piece... blissfully beautiful - WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Sundoo tangle pattern is so cute. It will also make a nice print pattern for fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like those tangles, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, thank you, I appreciate how it is an ongoing challenge to not over tangle a tile. I do love your open space final tile, deeply clever and simplified to grab the essence. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative and thanks for sharing. Greetings from Sue in South Africa

    ReplyDelete